"INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY" – 1 day course - Folkestone
[next course: SORRY, GROUP WORKSHOPS ARE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19 - ONLY 1-2-1 sessions available]
Location: Alan Duncan Photography studio [address at top of page - a 2 minute walk from Folkestone Central railway station].
Times: Courses start at 10.00 and finish at 15.30 with a half-hour lunch break [sandwiches, coffee/tea & biscuits provided!]
Price: from £75 per person [6 people max].
HOW TO BOOK: please send an email or ring Alan on 01303 243935 to purchase a gift voucher and/or pay by card or BACS.
PART 1 [morning] - UNDERSTANDING YOUR CAMERA [theory + practical with your own camera]
• ISO – camera sensitivity to light - when to use low or high values – examples
• Exposure modes – take camera off AUTO! – when & how to use APERTURE, SHUTTER PRIORITY & MANUAL modes
• Focus technique – simple, accurate focussing - how to AUTO FOCUS with single centre selection area
• Basic composition
• “SEEING THE LIGHT!” – once the above basics are understood and applied to your shooting technique,
the next step is to see and understand the quality and direction of the light
PART 2 [afternoon] - DIGITAL WORKFLOW
• Introduction to universal programs – Lightroom & Photoshop Elements
• RAW vs JPEG
• Exposure & colour adjustments
• Simple retouching
Alan Duncan is an experienced professional photographer with over 30 years in the industry and 18 years [already!] using digital cameras.
He is keen to share his knowledge with you and can offer tailor made lessons in the areas of photography that you are most interested in.
To find out more and register your interest, please send your contact details, availability and area[s] of interest to: